Who says you can't play cricket in the rain
Each innings starts on 200
Each pair bats for 4 overs
Each bowler bowls 2 overs each
'No balls' and 'wides' give away 2 runs respectively
Lose 5 runs for each wicket
'No balls' and 'wides' are not rebowled
A few highlights from the game were:
• Tom Sloyan hitting the first ball of our very first match for 6…and then asking if that was any good
• High scores for William Squire (18), Noah Lovell (19) & Finlay Vadon (17)
• Wickets for Ed Massey (1), Varun Aggarwal (2), Arun Datta (1), Suhard Khalid Hameed (1), Indranil Gupte (1) & Finlay Vadon (3)
• Good batting and tight bowling from Lucas Barratt
• Some really good positive calling and running between the wickets and a great attitude overall considering the weather!
Thanks to Gaz and William’s dad for scoring and parents for supporting. Much appreciated.